Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a difference a year - errr - 28 years can make

My daughter finished her leaving cert and has now gone to America - to my parents - for the summer. She wanted to get her driving license so that she could get around while there, but that's not as easy these days as it was back in my day. You have to pass a "mandatory pre-licensing course" now. That wasn't case when I was new to the road. You got your permit, did some learning and practicing and when you were ready you made an appointment for a test. If you passed that was it. No MV-285 or whatever it is was required.

The only way my daughter could take that course this summer would be if she were willing to tell her employer that all mornings are now out. She's not prepared to do that, which means she'll need a ride to work. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment