Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tiger will get a warm welcome in Ireland

Tiger is coming to play in Ireland. It was confirmed yesterday. He's coming to play at the Invitational Pro-Am at Adare Manor in County Limerick.

You know what? He'll get a pretty good reception. I'm certain Irish golf fans don't give a hoot about what Tiger's been getting up to off the course and I bet that the vast majority of the Irish public will be more than happy to overlook Tiger's 'addiction problems'.

The Pro-Am is a charity event, which will only help boost Tiger's image here. In fact, I suspect the welcome will be so warm that Tiger might be tempted to stay a little longer.

Tiger was too perfect before, almost inhuman. I know that played well in America, but I think Irish people will actually like him more now, now that he's proven he's human after all. There's more than a bit of an aversion to the squeaky clean image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment